BILLY - Fagers Fulmer Cheek FSS™ Loose Rings Bit
✓ Free fast delivery worldwide!
✓ 30 days return policy
✓ Every bit is handmade
✓FEI & BD Legal
Billy, a smart choice of bit.
Billy might look like a regular snaffle, but it has some very cool features.
Have you heard about our Fagers Smart System (FSS™)? Check it out here 🎦.
Simply it is a three-way lock system that prevents the bit to overbend in any uncomfortable way.
The difference between regular lockup and FSS™ is more significant than you might think. While the horse is working the FSS™ are there to help in any position your horse head is moving in. From low position (stretching out) or higher (over a jump), the closure works even if the reins will pull the bit upwards and making the bit turn downwards where regular lockup would fail. In that way, it is more forgiving against unexpected movements of your hands.
Are you looking for a kind bit and have a sensitive horse, this bit is worth trying. Perfect to have between other bits for communication work as well.
Billy is the same mouthpiece as Fagers Anna bit has.
The side pieces (Fulmer pins) of Billy are great for young horses or horses which prefers a stable bit as possible.
The Fulmer pins also have the effect of guiding the horses head which is great for schooling and training purposes.
The rings are loose wish gives a fast reaction and still retaining the turning advantages of the full cheek.
This is our points of experience after developing and let equestrians try this product:
- Billy is excellent for youngsters - Lays still and doesn’t take up much space in the horse's mouth.
- Both bar pressure and tongue pressure are applied when you ride with contact. The loose rings give faster release and relief from bar and tongue pressure.
- Sweet iron (blue alloy) is more often accepted by the horse than bits without sweet iron.
- FSS™ is a fresh new feature that prevents the bit to overbend and hit the palate in any position of the head.
- Billy is close to a straight bit but still has the flexibility of a single jointed mouthpiece. Many horses get a bit heavy on regular straight bits and shake their heads with regular snaffles. Then Billy is the perfect mix.
Do you have any questions that didn't get answered?
Write to us: email@example.com or on Facebook messenger; we answer fast! You can also Call us directly +46 463782870
LENGTH / THICKNESS
- 95MM / 3¾" - 10MM
- 105MM / 4¼" - 10MM
- 115MM / 4½" - 12MM
- 125MM / 5" - 12MM
- 135MM / 5¼" - 14MM
- 145MM / 5¾" - 14MM
TIPS AND GOOD INFORMATION
- Sweet iron is ment to rust. Most horses love the taste it gives. The surface rust tastes sweet and naturally stimulates the saliva production. This will cause the horse to salivate more which in turn encourages better acceptance of the bit. The rusting oxidation changes the blue color.
- When you recieve your bit it has protection oil to prevent it from start rusting before being used. It might make the bit look a bit filthy as first sight. The oil can be either cleaned with a simple towel/paper before start using it or not. The oil is harmless for the horse.
- If you want to delay the rusting process, wipe the bit dry after every use.
- Do you think your bit is too rusty after a long time use? Put the sweet iron in Coca Cola and the rust will go away. It is the fosfor in Coca Cola that makes the rust dissolve. Please be careful using any other strong chemicals with fosfor in it! Coca Cola works fine, we promise.
Note that the blue color of the sweet iron will go away or fade when you choose to do this as well with the rust.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
30 days open purchase policy from the day you receive your parcel.
The bit must be in a non-tested condition. The shipping cost for the return is paid by the customer.
However, if you make an exchange, the shipping cost for the new item back to you is paid by us.
If the labels have been removed or the bit have been used we may disclose your return by hygienic reasons.
Unclaimed packages that have been returned to us we will charge you 300SEK (30€/35$)