ANNA - Fagers Smart Lock FSS™ Dee Bit
✓ Free fast delivery worldwide!
✓ 30 days return policy
✓ Every bit is handmade
✓ FEI & BD Legal
This is Anna, a single jointed bit. The ergonomic pic of bit for your horse.
Anna might look like a regular snaffle, but it has some very cool features.
Have you heard about our Fagers Smart System (FSS™)? Check it out here 🎦.
Simply it is a three-way lock system that prevents the bit to overbend in any uncomfortable way.
The difference between regular lockup and FSS™ is more significant than you might think. While the horse is working the FSS™ are there to help in any position your horse head is moving in. From low position (stretching out) or higher (over a jump), the closure works even if the reins will pull the bit upwards and making the bit turn downwards where regular lockup would fail. In that way, it is more forgiving against unexpected movements of your hands.
Are you looking for a kind bit and have a sensitive horse, this bit is worth trying. Perfect to have between other bits for communication work as well.
Dee rings lay more still than loose rings in horse's mouth and are highly appreciated.
Some riders think their horse is a bit too heavy and get slower reactions on Dee rings; then I would recommend trying loose rings with Wings instead.
We tried this bit on some horses who were hard to bridle. They raised their head, tried to escape the bit, etc. Some of them were heavy on the bit and the riders used more and more hand. This could also be a way for the horse showing he is hurting.
These horses did not; it was just the way to escape the bit and the hand.
We took it back to basic and tried Anna.
After a couple of tries, most of them were more relaxed and more comfortable to bridle.
Anna with Wings worked better on those who wanted to “lay on the bit.”
Horses who did play around with the bit, Dee rings worked best.
Same horses also liked Fagers Alexander and Emma bit.
This is our points of experience after developing and let equestrians try this product:
- Anna is great for youngsters - Lays still and doesn’t take up much space.
- Both bar pressure and tongue pressure are applied when you ride with contact.
- Sweet iron (blue alloy) is more accepted by the horse than without.
- FSS™ is a fresh new feature that prevents the bit to overbend and hit the palate in and position of the head.
- Anna is close to a straight bit but still has the flexibility of a single jointed mouthpiece. Many horses get a bit heavy on regular straight bits and shake their heads with regular snaffles. Then Anna is the perfect mix.
Do you have any questions that didn't get answered?
Write to us: email@example.com or on Facebook messenger; we answer fast! You can also Call us directly +46 463782870
LENGTH / THICKNESS
- 95MM / 3¾" - 10MM
- 105MM / 4¼" - 10MM
- 115MM / 4½" - 12MM
- 125MM / 5" - 14MM
- 135MM / 5¼" - 14MM
- 145MM / 5¾" - 14MM
TIPS AND GOOD INFORMATION
- Sweet iron is ment to rust. Most horses love the taste it gives. The surface rust tastes sweet and naturally stimulates the saliva production. This will cause the horse to salivate more which in turn encourages better acceptance of the bit. The rusting oxidation changes the blue color.
- When you recieve your bit it has protection oil to prevent it from start rusting before being used. It might make the bit look a bit filthy as first sight. The oil can be either cleaned with a simple towel/paper before start using it or not. The oil is harmless for the horse.
- If you want to delay the rusting process, wipe the bit dry after every use.
- Do you think your bit is too rusty after a long time use? Put the sweet iron in Coca Cola and the rust will go away. It is the fosfor in Coca Cola that makes the rust dissolve. Please be careful using any other strong chemicals with fosfor in it! Coca Cola works fine, we promise.
Note that the blue color of the sweet iron will go away or fade when you choose to do this as well with the rust.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
30 days open purchase policy from the day you receive your parcel.
The bit must be in a non-tested condition. The shipping cost for the return is paid by the customer.
However, if you make an exchange, the shipping cost for the new item back to you is paid by us.
If the labels have been removed or the bit have been used we may disclose your return by hygienic reasons.
Unclaimed packages that have been returned to us we will charge you 300SEK (30€/35$)